May 25, 2018 - 6:00 pm
POST APPROVED Training
Have you ever dropped something in the water? Are you looking for lost treasure? The PADI Search and Recovery Diver Specialty course will teach you effective ways to find objects underwater and bring them to the surface.You’ll learn about:
• Search and recovery dive planning, organization, procedures, techniques and potential problems
• Limited visibility
• Search patterns
• Safe object recovery using lift devices
Your Adventures In Diving Search and Recovery Adventure Dive may count toward this Specialty certification at instructor discretion. This Specialty course certification also counts as one of five Specialty certifications required for Master Scuba Diver certification. Take the Master Scuba Diver Challenge!
• PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization) OR
PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver AND PADI Underwater Navigation certifications (or qualifying certification from another organization)
• Minimum age: 12 years old
• Search & Recovery Crew Pak (included in cost of class)
Note: You will need to view the video and complete the required knowledge reviews in the student manual prior to attending class. ***Course fee does not include rental equipment.***
You may be able to get college credit for the Search and Recovery course – ask your instructor.
Also, the first dive of this PADI Specialty Diver course may credit as an Adventure Dive toward your Advanced Open Water Diver certification – ask your instructor about earning credit.
***Proceeds will support the Maries County Sheriff’s Office and our Dive Team***